Subject: FTP site
From: Martin Kift <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 09:47:01 GMT0BST

Hi folks,

Just to say that my ftp site is now open. If you have any blitz stuff 
you want to put on it, simply log in and download, making sure to 
include a txt file too..

IMPORTANT: This ftp site is based on a crappy novell system, so only 
8.3 filenames are allowed!!! 8( So no .readme files (they won't 
work), just .txt files (eg. myprog.txt).

Currently the ftp site is only one directory, but I'll hopefully 
structure it a bit better as soon as I have time, adding a blitz dir
etc etc. If you have a new version of a blitz program already on the 
site, you cannot upload over the top of the old one, or delete it. 
So either call the new one by a different name (and I'll sort it 
out), or upload to the incoming dir which I'll eventually create!!

WARNING:

1. This site is only available during UK office working hours, sorry.
2. Its not a speedy site, so please don't abuse it. I'm only 
providing it as a service to fellow blitzers. If problems arise due 
to misuse or cronic over use (which will slow my PC down - which my 
boss won;t be too happy about, and its slow enough anyway 8^), then I 
may withdraw it. So no complaints about the speed, its the speed you 
see, and nothing will change that...

Anyway, have fun. 

Currently on the board are:

1. Starwoids (dms). Oldish version actually, but I'll leave it there.
2. RILibs. This is newer than the one on aminet, but not the newist! 
Steve, upload with all speed.
3. BlitzGuide. Again, not the newish I don't think, but again, upload 
the new one if you want Jurgen.

slow enough already